Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

4:35 PM

7 Things About Me

|

Thimbelle tagged me, and I think she's great, so I'll play -

Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

------------

Here's the link to Thimbelle: Creeping Towards Normal - If you have time, I highly recommend you read through her archives. She is a very good writer who comes from a place of candor and thoughtfulness. I always enjoy her essays, although some of them make my eyes sad.

Now, shield your eyes, here are 7 facts about me:

  1. I ran cross country in high school, my best time for the 5K being 20:30. Not a horrible time, but if the coach actually had cared about me, I would have done better. It wasn't really his fault, because during my four years on the team, we had the best runners in our school history running in front of me. In fact, we always went to the state championships, and one year we broke the top ten.


  2. I occasionally (once or twice a year) smoke cigarettes. My brand of choice? Dunhill Reds.


  3. I was, during my mid-twenties, a roadie for a death metal band. My main focus was to squat behind the drummer and pay attention to two vital things: One, catch his snare stand or cymbal stand before it fell over, and Two, pull his incredibly long hair out of his mouth, so he didn't choke on it.


  4. I can juggle three objects of similar weight.


  5. During college, during the latter half of the eighties, I fought against apartheid in South Africa and, one evening, met Donald Woods and then heard him give a speech.


  6. I have no known allergies, save extreme amounts of mold.


  7. I have been fired from almost every job I have ever held.


  8. While at home, especially with the kids, I anthropomorphize my pets



=======================

7 People Tagged:

Dariush
Sharfa
Suldog
VisiblyWorn (site down for the moment, but I'm holding out hope)
=Your Name Here=
=Your Name Here=
=Your Name Here=

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That was neat - whole new parts of you that I never knew! :)

Thim :)

Suldog said...

You tagged me! It just so happens that my blog today is ALL ABOUT BEING TAGGED WITH A MEME. Come on over - at your own risk.

Subscribe