Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.


Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

Stride Gum found out that a guy named Matt was keeping a travelogue on a website, to keep his family up to date, while he bummed around. He did this goofy dance, for fun, at each place he visited. Stride thought it was a great idea, so they paid for him to travel wherever he wanted, so that his girlfriend could shoot video of Matt doing the crazy dance in all their destinations. I find the video not just funny and sweet and heart-warming, I also see it as a perfect example of the big-picture concept of the internet - to bring our big blue marble into perspective. Tell me if you can get through the entire video without getting a little misty-eyed.

tip of the hat to BoingBoing

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu, I LOVE this video. There have been several because he's been traveling for a few years now. My hubby and I stumbled upon it not too long ago.

yes, this video, to me, is everything good about the world: Its beautiful people, its beautiful landscapes, and animals, and vistas, and cultures, and strange natural formations,and clear waters, and

I could go on and on.

That video shows why this planet is such a blessing, and why every day we should treat it like it were the last day we'd ever see it.

I cannot tell enough of how much this video moved me and how much it made me want to get out, be an ambassador for how people could and should be, and just try to spread the goodness everywhere.

Thanks for linking to it.

Made my day.

Subscribe