Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

My brother's birthday is coming up, and I thought I'd share this memory - partly for the six people who read this and partly for me, as I'll be reading this in years to come and don't want to forget it.

One evening, years ago, I was with my brother and sister-in-law, watching Die Hard 2 - the not-good one.

Not sure if the movie had started or not, can't remember whether a trailer was on the screen or if it was the film, but the house lights were dimmed.

Suddenly, without any warning, my brother jumped up out of his seat, leaped over several rows, and as I stood up to see what was happening, I realized that another audience member was having a seizure of some kind, and my brother had jumped to his side. As I moved closer, I saw my brother kneeling on the floor, holding the man's head in his lap, politely asking for someone to get help. He never lost his cool, he never lost his composure or his focus, he just did his job, protecting another human being.

I've never forgotten that moment, probably never will. We read about such things, we hear stories of people who went beyond the bounds in their attempt to keep others safe. My brother actually did it.

Happy Birthday Dave, and thanks for looking out for all of us.

6 Comments:

Suldog said...

Happy Birthday, Dave! Many More!

Cissa Fireheart said...

Happy Birthday Dave...and what a great story, Stu!

Anonymous said...

fantastic! i never knew that!! WOW!!! saving a life - i am blown away! go bro! thanks for sharing this stu! i am proud to be sis to you both! xoxo

Dave Mark said...

I am touched that you remember that, Stu. Thanks very much for the birthday thoughts. You are with me always.

My recollection of that night is a little fuzzy, but two things stick out in my mind. I remember standing up and screaming towards the back of the theater, "Turn on the lights, turn on the lights!" and I remember wedging my wallet in between the guys teeth so he wouldn't bite/swallow his tongue. He was having some kind of fit and that somehow made sense at the time. One of those powerful memories. Feels like it was yesterday.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Wow!
I didn't know either. You guys never tell me anything.
How blessed mother and I are to have such great kids.
We love you all
dad

Suldog said...

Stu - You've been tagged again. This time you've got to play. You promised.

(Sorry for interrupting the birthday party. You may resume your revels.)

Subscribe