Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

The part that I don't like about my birthday is that I have no earthly idea what to say when people ask, "What do you want for your birthday?"

My world-champion wife called me this morning, saying, "How'd you like to go to Vegas for the weekend?" Normally that wouldn't be a bad idea, especially as I love to play Craps. But the economy is in a serious nose-dive and I can't, in good conciounce, play with our retirement fund in that way.

So what do I do? Really, I'd like to do nothing, as my wife and kids are happy, so I have very few other desires.

It's frustrating for me, as I see that my sense of things is not in line with other humans. But I don't know what to do about it. I want to make people happy by giving them an easy out for my birthday, but I don't know how.

So maybe I'll just stay in Los Angeles and go to Guitar Center and pick up a new synth module. Or maybe I'll take Leslie somewhere in the desert and go rock-hunting.

Any ideas?

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

for me - birthdays are days to celebrate ourselves. this last one was a toughie cause two of my three kids were traveling, but ralph and anna treated me to a really nice dinner. although it was quiet, it was quite lovely. the day is what you make of it - no one can do that for you. know that your family and friends are toasting you with wishes for health and love.

Subscribe