Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

Mass in lung confirmed, next step is to x-ray/ct scan it. That will come later.

Lymph node still puffy, biopsy successful, results will come Monday, if we're lucky.

Hardened stool was massaged and oiled and digitally broken up and the colon was emptied clean.

Upon the stool removal, further exam (ultra-sound, digital exam, etc) revealed *no* mass in the colon. Most likely a bad read from an ultrasound on a moving cat, combined with hard stool in the area.

Billie woke up nicely from the anesthesia, is walking around, and quiet.

Tomorrow we pick her up, speak with another doctor.

Monday (maybe) we get the biopsy results.

If it's cancer, there's a chance to remove the lung and do a serious round or two of chemo. But that discussion is for Monday or so.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks for all your kind words and prayers and statements of empathy and caring. You're all beautiful people and we all thank you.

7 Comments:

Melissa said...

Don't know if this will help or not. My furball, Ben, who has since left this world for the other end of the rainbox bridge, was diagnosed with lung cancer.

He beat it. Removed a section of his lung via surgery. Did a bout two months of chemo. It didn't come back. and he was very resilliant and happy throughout all treatments, etc.

He went on to live another three years after that.

For what it's worth...

It was expensive, and I spent a lot of afternoonss wtih him at the vet spcialist. I don't know how much time i bought him from the lung cancer. It was the right choice for us, even looking back on it now. You all have to decide where to go from here. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Stu said...

Melissa,

How expensive, ballpark?

Thanks, and thanks always,

Stu

Barbara said...

Stu - I hope for the best for billie.

lori said...

hoping for the best for you all! sounds like you have the right vet. and hope is good...

dad said...

Stu-Les,
We hope for the best. If mom and I can do anything besides an e hug let us know.
much love
dad

Trudy@markfamily.com said...

What Melissa wrote sounds as though if Billie's oncology report shows cancer, this may be the way to go. Thanks for sharing, Melissa. Like dad said if you need anything our Grandcat is worth whatever you need, never mind the expense. Please count on us.

Mom

Melissa said...

I would ballpark it about $2000 with the surgery and chemo. But it's hard to separate it out because he also had kidney stones in both kidneys that also had to be operated on at the same time. Ya, that's probably not cheap. I didn't have kids at the time, so I didn't think twice about it (year 2001).

Then he got Chronic Renal Failure (from the stones, or surgery, or just because male cats tend to get it, I don't know). That's what took him across the bridge three years later.

What I do know, though, is that if this cancer is the type Ben had, it's self contained in the lung. Ben's wasn't the spreading kind. The chemo was a safety net recommended by the vet. And they used the same chemo they use for ovarian cancer patients. He handled it really really well. I was probably more upset than he was. He never got sick and didn't lose any fur.

Hope that helps. You have to look at your baby and ask her what she wants. I literally did this for Ben several times throughout his CRF. He told me when he wanted to keep fighting, and he let me know when he was tired.

My heart's with you guys.

Subscribe