Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

1:41 PM

FlowerCon 2007

|

Leslie and I spend time at the South Coast Botanic Garden when we have some free time and need a break from Los Angeles. It's not too far from us, about fifteen minutes. A large enough space, such that when you're in the middle, if you're lucky, you can look 360 degrees and not see any signs of civilization.

What follows are shots I took from our last trip, which would have been about August 8th or so.




A wooden footbridge over a dry gulch. Pretty simple design, but it seemed too perfect, so we think it might have been a movie set that the Botanic Garden let them leave as is.






This structure was right near the bridge, so we are now actively researching the possibility that a film company used the garden as a movie set, as it would be cool to watch.



If you're reading this, thanks for coming (or however you reacted). Answer me this - how do the photos come across on the web? Are they a good size when they appear? What about clicking and getting the larger image? Is that a good size? Any feedback, is appreciated. While this is a journal for my own purposes, to track my own emotional growth, I also see that there's a tiny audience, and I want to make sure that you get what you'd like to get.

My buddy, Albert Camus, once said, "When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him..." I agree.



2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Stu - When I blew those photos up they looked beautiful, stunning actually. their stunningness didn't show through until i clicked on them.

Dangermouse said...

Greetings my man. Upon investigation of the larger image, it seems a bit washed out. Not very saturated. Did you use the flash on this shot? the contrast in the wood of the railing and porch look as though it took a dose of flash...

Subscribe