Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

I'm a parent of a 15 year-old boy (man?). Today I read a blog account by a young man who was arrested for failing to show his driver's license to a police officer, while the young man was standing on a sidewalk, not driving a car, even though the law in his state clearly says that a citizen is just required to provide name, address, and date of birth.

The whole story is pretty amazing
, and if I were this guy's parents, I'd be beaming with pride, and also pretty pissed at the absolute revocation of basic civil rights.

I'm going to do some research and find out what the laws are here in California, and then I'm going to review them with my son.

2 Comments:

Suldog said...

Good stuff, Stu. The more young people we educate on the law - the real law, and not what some people suppose is the law - the better off society as a whole will be.

Anonymous said...

Damn, this is in my state, my city. In fact, it's a short trip down two exits off the highway from where I spend the better part of my day.

I am embarrassed for my state, and proud of this young man.

Thanks for the link.

Subscribe