Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

I keep this blog as a way to entertain others, as well as to keep my writing craft sharp, but also as a diary for future reflection.



This entry is for the latter.



It's about 8:30 in the morning and I am sitting on the soft sand of Venice Beach, watching my son and his mother boogie-boarding.

It is pretty, no doubt, but watching your son out in the deeper water of the Pacific, surfing 10-foot waves is unsettling. I'm fine when he goes by himself. I trust him and never rally worry when he leaves the house withboard in hand. But actually seeing these fairly nice-sized waves towering over my 5' 8" son is not a very comfortable feeling.

That said, I'm thrilled for him, so very glad he has the confidence to challange the Pacific.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand that sense of pride. It reminds me of the time I bet my 8 year old son that he could not climb up the back trellis and into his bedroom window. THE BEST BET I EVER LOST

Anonymous said...

any photos?????

Subscribe