Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

7:35 AM

Nich Is Better

|

Nich's wounds are healing very nicely. To be specific, he lost skin on his elbow (in two places), the side, near his hip (slightly), his knee, and his shoulder (in two places). Leslie and I have been keeping watch, checking his wounds, changing dressings when necessary. We use 2nd Skin, which seems to be living up to the hype. He's much better, not in near as much pain. Now he's with his father this weekend, so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks to everyone for the calls and emails and comments. You've been fantastic and I dig you a lot.

Leslie got some time off from work, for free, because the holiday fell in the middle of the week, so she's relaxing. I'm thinking of what we'll do today, maybe visit the Nixon museum, maybe take a drive east to the mountains, maybe Mt. Baldy. Oh wait, that's the top of my head - Leslie's already seen that. Maybe San Francisco?... nah, too far. Hmmm. Maybe Seal Beach.

Oh, and if I haven't mentioned it to everyone, both Nich and Noelle got straight As this last quarter. So I earned my last paycheck, you betcha!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad to see that Nich is doing better; I'll have to see about keeping some Second Skin around here.

I hope you and Leslie enjoy your time away together; I wish TW and I could sneak away for just a day... :::sigh:::

I'm not at all surprised that Nich and Noelle got such good grades - You and Leslie are so loving, dedicated and committed to them, and it shows in their grades, their poise, and their maturity. If all parents were like you, our world would be a MUCH better place, with a much brighter future! :)

Anonymous said...

so glad nich is on his way to healing. i was so worried. you must have been - well i can only imagine. love you bro!!!!!!

Suldog said...

Good news! Prayers continue, so expect more :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the A's to both you and the kids. Sounds like all is well in the Stu household, skinned knees notwithstanding.

Hope you enjoyed the time off with Leslie. And hope she did too.

I remember crashing on my bike when I was a kid. Completely skinned by leg from the knee to the ankle. I was out of commission from the swimming pool for most of that summer. Sure did smart.

I wish Nich a quick recovery. FWIW, I can still walk, and ride a bike, all those years later. :)

Subscribe