Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

3:33 PM

Fruit Fast

|

Tonight, Leslie, Noelle, and I are going on a 24-hour "fruit fast" - meaning a whole day eating nothing but fruit. (Nich is still on his trip, otherwise he might do this as well, although he's, by far, the most fit of us all.

It starts at 5:30pm PST tonight (Friday) and goes to 5:30pm PST Saturday.

Tonight will be the worst of it, because I am a midnight sugar-junkie. So I'm going to reverse psych myself out, by consuming some cherries, four figs, and a tall glass of water, and then nothing more 'til the Sun comes up. I figure, if I can make it to morning without eating anything else, the rest of the day will be a piece of cake.

Yeah, I know, I wrote that... Why did I write that? Ok, now I need to wash my brain out with Simple Green.

3 Comments:

cherylann said...

In summertime all I tend to want to eat is fruit... smothered in chocolate and whipped cream though. hahaha. sorry. Oh, and without getting too gross... how does the fruit fast work on the plumbing?? I remember I was sick once and only ate canteloupe and watermelon for a few days and it was a disaster! yikes. let me know, because I think I could use a fruit fast. Where did you get the idea for it?

Stu said...

I've known about fruit fasts since college, so I can't say that I remember where I first read about it or heard about it - although I do have a memory of my friends Paul and Bob doing it, maybe the memory is from 1986...

Anyway, there are plenty of internet references to fruit fasts. As for the plumbing, it makes things interesting, but we only fast for one 24-hour period. Then, if I'm disciplined, back to a steady diet that includes less red meat, no sugar, and more figs.

But I'm a guy, so that's not going to really happen. And as Bruce wrote, "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it somethin' worse?"

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of fruit and chocolate. Not too much fruit though
dad

Subscribe