Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

Hi,

How's by you?

Things with me are great, really excellent.

I turned 40, which didn't sting like I thought it would, and has major upsides, like discounts at... Yeah, ok, so there are no major upsides to turning 40. Still, it's not bad.

I got some cool presents, like a home-made treasure box, some philosophy books, a cool kitchen scale that has come in surprisingly handy, among many thoughtful, fun gifts.

Nich had his 15th birthday celebration last night (his Birthday isn't for a few more days, but with his soccer schedule and Leslie's work schedule, he elected to have the big family celebration yesterday). Instead of a traditional "here's your present" deal, he got a "treasure hunt." - We wrote clues (in rhyme), hid them around the house, and then gave him his first clue, which led him to each additional clue. At the end, he amassed his clues, which had a number on the back of each one. He then sat on the couch in the Library, which Noe very thoughtfully decorated, and called out numbers at whim. Each number corresponded to a gift, which was then opened. Very fun.

The rest of the week will contain a few more sporadic surprises for him, leading up to the big day. It's pretty cool watching him grow up, seeing him become a person of distinction, a person of respect, a person of dignity and earnestness.

Noelle is almost 11 1/2, and we couldn't be happier or more proud. Her progress report came home for this semester and it looks like she's solidly on track for all As this semester. She's also getting funnier and more sweet at the same time. Noelle is going to be a great CEO one day, and I will buy stock in that company, assuming she decides to take it public.

Leslie and I are taking ever-higher ground. Well, at least in the relationship department. In real life, we've only been has high as the hillock at the Bronson Caves. We'll probably do some more rock-hunting in the next few weeks, unless we go honeymooning up on Mt. Baldy.

As for me, I've been super-busy with GNMParents. My role as weekly-columnist has given way to a role as editor and co-captain of the marketing team. A full-time job, sans paycheck. But the gratification that we're establishing a hassle-free environment for various parenting voices to be heard, well, there's no pricetag possible for that little item.

Any questions? Please, email me or comment here. I miss you all, and pray that you are all well and immersed in cool vibes.

Love,

Stu

5 Comments:

James Cooper said...

Birthdays sound awesome at your place, Stu. And I second the notion of you and Leslie taking off on your honeymoon. I'll bet Alison thirds it too :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Awesome birthday celebration. Good luck to you and have a great day.
Drop into my blog on friendship Wishes for a collection of lovely e-cards and info that exemplify the bond of friendship.

Anonymous said...

How great is that! Every birthday after forty gets better. I don't remember how great fifteen was, but I guess it was as good as forty.

Keep loving each other and all will be well with the world.

Anonymous said...

What a great couple you are!!! A great family, also. Les and Stu, Noe and Nich. I just wish that we lived closer and could participate in your family more. I love you all. Have a Happy Birthday Nich.

Mom/Gram

Suldog said...

I love that "birthday treasure hunt" idea. I might use that one for MY WIFE's birthday in April.

Subscribe