Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

I'm a devotee of the composer Ennio Morricone. I find his work to be lyrical, fanciful, whimsical, and, at the same time, adventurous and bold. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is a wonderful piece of music that, when listened to in its entirety, goes beyond the stereotype of "the whistle" and lays out a musical setting of great depth.

Having said that, here's a magnificent version of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly performed by The Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain:

2 Comments:

Allen said...

I've always liked the theme from "Good, Bad, and Ugly". Never heard the entire piece (apart from the movie). I checked it out ... nice.

Hearing that tune always brings Clint to mind (have always liked his films ... both as actor and director). Gran Torino at the top of my netflix queue.

Dangermouse said...

Magnificent indeed! One could say, the Magnificent 7. ;D

An all time favorite film. The indelibly fantastic role of Eli Wallach and the dashing Mr. Lee Van Cleef. A truly timeless film. Thanks for that!

Subscribe