Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

How did your weekend unfold?

I had a great weekend, a perfect weekend - great time with Leslie, reveling in each other, laughing, walking, holding hands, doing chores. A grand weekend, one for the books.

Feel free to share my blog with others - I'm not about the whole privacy thing (for the most part) and would always dig more readers, so I can get into some new material - my readers, all two of you, really feed me ideas.

Random thought for Sully - all the great rock bands had a monster bass player. The almost-great bands had some great musicians, but mediocre bass players. I was listening to a Who record the other day and John Entwistle just *owned* the bass, played it like it had said something about his sister.

Random thought for Melissa - What are your favorite comic books?

Random thought for Thimbelle - teenagers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Our weekend was pretty quiet; we had a rare spell of "cooler" weather (what we call "California weather" (cool nights/warm days, nice breeze) for July and so TW & I took advantage to knock a bunch of stuff off of the "punch list".

And *teenagers*? You and I could write pages and pages on that one, my friend! Before it's all over, we should collaborate on book!

My random thought for you: enjoy the green, green grass and the blue sky today, and may you be blessed with a wonderful sunset this evening! :)

Suldog said...

Entwhistle was a beast. I remember being awestruck the first time I actually saw him play. He used every one of his fingers on his plucking/strumming/picking hand, not just the one or two that most bass players do, and it was a source of unending delight to watch. I don't think I watched Daltrey or Townsend or Moon for more than a couple minutes each. My eyes were just glued to Entwhistle.

Anonymous said...

I had a long response to this one last night, then the internet to my house went south. I will try to post more in a bit.

I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to get a random shout out!
Melissa

Subscribe