Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

10:33 AM

Peg Squeak

|

Spent part of last night listening to music with Leslie. We sat in the library, reading, listening to a variety of albums on the good stereo.

One of them was a favorite of Leslie's, Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here."

For the first time, I listening to it on the library stereo, which is a higher quality than I've had before. So even though I've listened to "Wish You Were Here" hundreds of times, something new jumped out.

During the opening to the song "Wish You Were Here," there's a simple acoustic guitar line played by David Gilmour. As he starts off, for the first time I actually heard one of his guitar's pegs slip. It wasn't enough to ruin the take, so they left it, but it is there, and last night was the first time I heard it. Hearing it totally made having a decent stereo worth the money (which I still have guilt over - Good Lord, please save me from my guilt).

Anyway, it was one of those cool moments. And I dig that Leslie enjoys this type of music. And she introduces me to new music as well. For example, she clued me into the beauty of a piece by Vaughn Williams, "Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis." It's heartrending.

Now we're off to Silverado Canyon for a hike. Don't worry, Leslie is bringing the portable defibrillator, so I should be fine.

0 Comments:

Subscribe