Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

So, I was in one of my big-think moments, and I stumbled across this: I spin my blog a bit. I'm not a bullshitter by any stretch of the imagination - sin of commission. But other than easily-accepted moronicness, I'm not overly forthcoming with my faults or foibles or neuroses or moral/ethical missteps.

That's going to change.

First confession - Tomorrow, Wednesday, is the last day of Summer for the kids, and I am almost giddy with anticipation of the several hours of quiet that I will have after they walk to school Thursday morning.

I know, it's kinda evil and kinda normal and those without kids, not sure what to tell you. Those with kids, however, will, for the most part, be nodding.

Yeah, I'm sad, sure. It was a great summer, lots of personal growth, lots of laying around, relaxing, exploring their own sense of themselves. And it was great having them around all the time. They are fantastic and fun to talk to, and are very interested in a wide variety of topics.

But three months is a long time to be a SAHD with no one to tag-team with for 8-10 hours every weekday. It's draining. I get what my Mom went through. I get what my brother and sister go through. I'm sure when September came, and their kids went back to school, a large part of them was sad at first. But I'll bet all the loose change on my desk that some part of each of them was a little excited at the thought of that first day of luxuriating in the warm waters of "hey, no kids, I can go grab some sushi" or whatever I darned well feel like. Wh00t!1!!

Next Time on Stu's True Confessions: One Of My Many Medical Conditions

0 Comments:

Subscribe