Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

7:59 AM

Aunt Carole

|

My Aunt Carole passed away yesterday.

She was my Mom's best friend, since the 40's. She was always my "Aunt," but she really became my Aunt in 2nd grade, when she came for a visit from her home in Hawaii, and visited my class with grass skirts in hand for my classmates. She gave a talk and even donned a grass skirt herself. She was pretty awesome.

I shared a meal with her during one of her last trips to California and she was no different than when I was a kid - she was full of good humor and a depth of appreciation for the nuances of society, of people and how they lived. She was one of the models for how I want to live. I will miss her.

8 Comments:

Suldog said...

Stu -

I'm very saddened by your news. Please know that your aunt will be in my prayers tonight.

Jim

Anonymous said...

thanks stu for the wonderful tribute!!!!! she was all that - very very cool!!!!! xxoo

Anonymous said...

Dear Stu -

You always know the right things to say - but your words about Aunt Carole are so true. She was my friend and a wonderful person. I was with her in Mrs. Weiss' second grade class and she was fantastic. Thanks son.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Stu -

You always know the right things to say - but your words about Aunt Carole are so true. She was my friend and a wonderful person. I was with her in Mrs. Weiss' second grade class and she was fantastic. Thanks son.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Well son, you did it again. You made me cry. Yes she was all you said and more. She chose to life on her tearms. Thanks for the kind words.
dad

The Ferryman said...

I am sorry, my friend. Mrs. Fab's dad died a few weeks ago so I know all too well what you are going though.

Sharfa said...

So, so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Stu,

I am sorry for you and your family's loss with Aunt Carol. My sympathies with you.

I am struck, however, with your words. I can only dream that in my passing, I would be remembered to fondly, so rally truely beautifully. She must have been one heck of a lady in every sense of the word.

I think you've lived up to her ideal rather well.

Subscribe