Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

6:11 AM

On The Road

|

Dear Constant Reader,

I'm typing this from a Hilton in Pennsylvania. What an amazing weekend. Much family, much fun, much nachas.

My niece was brilliant. Pitch Perfect. She's a talented, soulful person who is a boon to the world.

It was great seeing my family, some whom haven't been in front of my eyes in years. A few folks I haven't seen since I was a yute. (Uh... uh, what was that word? Uh... what word? A what? What? Did you say 'yute'? Yeah, yute. What is a yute? ... Oh, excuse me your honor, A Youth.)

Meanwhile, I'm in a hotel room, getting reading to head back out to my sister's place to hang out and help when I can.

The driving here is wonderful. Long roads with little traffic. And the drivers in Pennsylvania are by far the smartest, safest, most careful and considerate drivers I have ever encountered. Sincerely.

Spending time with my wife and kids has been a perfect joy. We laugh a lot (although I am learning that I am far more grim than any ten people have a right. I'm committed to working on that.)

We had sushi last night that crushed me with its wonderfulness. In Lancaster you got good sushi? Yes, it's true. I'd eat there every week, for the rest of my life. I forget the name, but when I ask my sis, I'll try to remember to write it down and blog about it. Suffice to say, I was overwhelmed.

My family (sisters, brothers, parents, etc.) look wonderful. Some of them appear to be getting younger, but it could have just been the lighting. I'm from Los Angeles and have learned that lighting is everything.

I'll try to blog more frequently, but as I'm on the road, I keep forgetting.

I hope you're well,

Stu

postscript - The name of the sushi place is Ginmiya House, per my brother, who was smart enough to tell me to look at my receipt.

0 Comments:

Subscribe