Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.


Just about a year ago (August 29th) Hurricane Katrina wiped out the childhood home of my wife.

The house was a block and a half from the docks of Long Beach, Mississippi. If you click on the above image, you can see the devastation more clearly. When I say wiped out, I mean wiped out.

I've slept in that home, when I was younger, before I starting dating my wife (long story for another post). It was a great place, where you could walk down the street to the astonishingly soft white sand beach. The shrimp was so plentiful that large buckets cost next to nothing. And the people there were strong, savvy, and fun-loving.

Wiped out.

Gone.

My wife and I will never be able to go back to that house. She'll never be able to show me where she played when she was a kid, what her favorite window was, what her favorite tree was. It's gone.

It's a year since Hurricane Katrina. Where was my President? Where is he now? And what will Americans do when we have to elect a new President? Will Americans learn? Will Americans raise there expectations? Will they expect more from the person they elect? Will they give more detailed and more thorough consideration before they vote for the person who will be responsible for the care of the citizens of The United States?

G-d, please hear my plea: Reach into the minds of all Americans and grant them wisdom, whether they've asked for it or not.

0 Comments:

Subscribe