Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

I've been scanning a variety of news sources this morning, as I am captivated by the Mel Gibson story. I couldn't care less about the DUI. It's dangerous to drive drunk, true, but it happens all the time and his celebrity status isn't enough to have me pay it any serious mind. However, wow, the booze loosened the strap on his morality mask. The handwritten notes from Deputy Mee are too much to ignore.

(I am so upset by what Mel Gibson said that I'm having trouble creating a coherent response... suffice it to say that I think anyone who believes that Jews desire bloodshed have heads filled with mashed potatoes.)

And now it seems that Mel has "apologized". Really? Read the apology and then come back here:

My favorite part of Mel's apology is "I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested,"... He didn't say "I was a person completely out of control", but instead "I acted like"... He's not emotionally mature enough to genuinely take responsibility. This is a child's way out, and after such bile was spewed, I would have hoped he would have stood tall. Which leads me to this conclusion: He is fueling the anti-semitic attitudes of people worldwide. Because of his non-apology apology, many more people are going to buy into the jewish conspiracy claptrap, because the "Passion Of The Christ" guy said it (so it must be true)... Oy vey.

Mr. Gibson needs an accurate history lesson and some emotional therapy. I feel bad for the guy, as I feel bad for anyone who has a decroded soul. If any of you have any contact with Mr. Gibson, please tell him that I am happy to sit down with him and walk him through the detailed history of anti-Semitism.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel Gibson does indeed seem to have some issues. Okay, issues is putting it mildly. Very. But from what I've heard his father is very much of the same view and they do say like father like son. Or that the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. Or nut in this case.

Living out here you tend to realize celebs are often a lot more screwed up than their publicists would like you to think.

Stu said...

Sure, I appreciate that there is a part of us that wants to emulate our parent. But at some point, after you reach maturity, don't you question these things and make up your mind for yourself? Mel Gibson has to stand on his own here, this isn't his dad's fault, not entirely. Didn't Mel see Schindler's List? Does any reasonably mentally healthy person really believe that the Jews are responsible for bad stuff, more than any other religious group?

I think it's a blatant show of immaturity on his part, a version of Peter Pan syndrome. I'm not a doctor, but I'd bet that Mel's dad was so overbearing that Mel didn't get enough comfort and loving from his mother. Just a guess on my part.

Anonymous said...

I agree completely that his behavior can't be brushed off as being anybody's responsibility but his own. Still, I have to imagine growing up in a household with a father spouting off anti-semitic statements and claiming the holocaust was all a hoax has leave a negative imprint on a person.

But who he ultimately becomes is his own responsibility and it definitely is well-past time for him to grow up and crack open some history books -- just for starters. Hopefully his kids won't grow up to carry on he and his father's legacy of ignorance.

Stu said...

Granted, absolutely, his father built the boat that Mel travels in. And as for his kids, I don't know. I can't imagine it is any picnic with the guy, but maybe he's not present that much and maybe their mom is pretty awesome. One can dream.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Manufacture eyewear bdsm heat Chorale music public domain Northstar ford fort mcmurray Air purifiers for dusty rooms eminent domain internet resource fractal illustrations public domain How does an short circuit open circuit breaker canada from imitrex pharmacy Can i sue if propecia poker chip history cadillac xlr video xanaxxanax ativan Lasik surgeon texas rules keno http://www.aluminum-awning-0.info/Registrar-aposs-office-hazleton-campus-penn-state.html

Subscribe