Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

I'm not someone who is prone to happiness. So this morning, when I found myself in a seemingly innocent state of relative bliss, I did what I always do, I questioned it. I asked myself, "Why am I so happy, so relaxed?" And the answer came back, "Egypt."

I find myself deeply encouraged by the popular revolution in Egypt. Regardless of how it all plays out in the end, the citizens have passed a point of no return. There is now a virus spread amongst each and every one of them. The entire population shares a common thought: Freedom is possible. - Imagine that, imagine the moment when that happened, when each Egyptian citizen was able to look into each other's eyes and see hope shining back. Hope in the future of their every day existence. Not just for a special moment of privacy or camaraderie, but a future where they can walk to the nearest street corner and say what they feel, where they can be unabashedly emotionally honest. Isn't that a dream for all of us?

So, for the moment, I am pausing to reflect on that, to let it sit in my belly like a glass of Napoleon brandy.

1 Comments:

Suldog said...

Yeah, I find it interesting to reflect on just where the line was where enough people to make it a revolution in earnest said, "I've had it!", and to also wonder where that line is here.

Subscribe