Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

Wife and Kids home for the past few days, so cooking occurred. I made two different versions of my mother's potato pancakes - one with four eggs, the next with three. Both are good in my book (meaning fantastic), but the rest of the family prefers the four-egg recipe.

Also, I made Saffron Chicken, which is a yum-yum tent inside a taste festival. Ever wanted to make your own? It's easy:



    INGREDIENTS

      4 Chicken breasts halves, with skin and bone
      2 medium brown onions, sliced thin
      2-3 cloves garlic, minced
      2 tablespoons olive oil
      1 generous pinch Saffron
      Salt, Pepper to taste



    DIRECTIONS

    • Heat the oven to 450 degrees. A well-seasoned cast iron skillet is my preferred pan, but a casserole works as well. Put 1 tablespoon of the oil oil in the bottom of the pan, then lay down the onions.

    • Lay the chicken on top of the onions. Add salt and pepper as you see fit. Sprinkle the garlic over the chicken, and then the saffron. When it comes to the saffron, I slowly add individual strands, so that there is a strand every square half-inch or so. In other words, not too much, but enough so the saffron is the primary taste when finished. Lastly, drizzle with the remaining olive oil.

    • Bake until brown, and chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes. Start checking after the first half hour, don't let the chicken dry out.

0 Comments:

Subscribe