Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

10:08 AM

Corrigendum #2

|

First, there's a select few of you who are big fans of "Doonesbury" by Garry Trudeau. To those few, the title of this blog might have caused a giggle of a memory, as you're experiencing what Mike and others experienced when he received Joinie and Rick's wedding invitation (First come's the invitation, where they spell the groom's name wrong. Then comes the first errata note, where they correct the spelling of the name, but in doing so, misspell another word, prompting a note, titled "Erratum #2." -- Trudeau is a pretty funny guy, and I find that to be one of his best "just for laughs" gags.

Second, I goofed again. It occurs to me that I am the only one getting the first email, the one that goes out immediately after publishing. The rest of you get my blog entries sent to your email boxes some time later, which gave me enough time to fix the obvious errors. Which means that one or two of you found this amusing and the rest of you, if you are still reading this, have just wasted quite a few of the very precious minutes of your life, minutes that you will never, ever get back. Sad, really, when you think about it.

    "Sorry, did I say something wrong?" said Marvin, dragging himself on regardless. "Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God I'm so depressed. Here's another one of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."

      -

      Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 1979

1 Comments:

Lori said...

hi stu. you always leave me thinking. so thanks!

Subscribe