Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

And for those who dug the Shostakovich, here's a rockin' little number from Beethoven. It's his Große Fuge, Opus 133, as performed by the Alban Berg Quartet. This is among my favorite Beethoven selections, partly for it's ferocity and partly for it's exceptional complexity and difficulty. (Also, Ludwig wrote this while completely deaf) - The Berg Quartet really bring their all to bear for this performance. (Please note, the full Fuge is upwards of fifteen minutes. This video just has the first half - I couldn't find a video anywhere that contained a complete performance. That said, if you dig what you hear, I highly recommend you get yourself a copy. If you do a search for Beethoven and 133 on half.com you'll find several quality performances at deep-dish discounts.)

0 Comments:

Subscribe