Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

6:21 AM

Earthquake

|

Sunday night. Watching television. The beginnings of an earthquake start to rumble. At first, a simple vibration and rumble, one I've experienced many times. But then the intensity picked up, followed quickly by a boom, a peak much higher than normal. We heard glass rattle somewhere, and then quiet. Leslie and I looked around, but nothing broke - in fact, the only sign of anything was that our front door had blown open.

Turns out that the epicenter for the 4.7 magnitude tembler was very close to our house, about 7 miles as the crow flies. That's by far the closest, and certainly the most powerful. Very interesting, quite a bit exciting. When I talked to the kids, they said it was intense. I agreed, telling them that while we don't live in a flood zone, earthquakes will be the natural occurrence of their childhood. Interesting stuff indeed.

Thanks to those who checked in, very sweet of you.

1 Comments:

Suldog said...

I'm always amazed that you folks on the left coast can take earthquakes so matter-of-factly. I suppose every region has something that other folks would be scared shitless of, though.

Subscribe