Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

I found yet another use for my iPhone.

I'm an avid fan of the online music service Pandora. Essentially, when you login to Pandora (you sign up, but it's just an email and a password, and you can opt-out of their newsletters, and they don't sell your address)... Anyway, when you log in, you create your first station, by simply typing in a song title or artist that you enjoy. Pandora then creates a streaming radio station of songs that fit in with the vibe of the song or artist you selected. Pretty cool.

There's more options - for example, if you create a station with the artist name The Beatles, and after listening to your The Beatles station for a while, hear White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane, and you don't like that song, you can hit the thumbs down symbol and they won't play that song again. Pretty cool.

Anyway, back to my iPhone.

There's a free Pandora client for iPhone - So now, when I'm bored, I can hit my Pandora icon on my iPhone, pick a station, and get music. Plus, the iPhone's built-in speaker is so exceptional, if I run Pandora without headphone, it's like having a small transistor radio at my side, playing a great, commercial-free music station. Pretty excellent.

0 Comments:

Subscribe