Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

My homeland of Southern California is on fire. 11 separate fires, from Lompac to San Diego, are burning relatively uncontrolled. The situation is now bordering on the surreal. Some of the fires were started by things like a downed power line, but some were arson. And now regular, everyday folks are forced to flee their homes as Mother Nature cleans house.

For those who are concerned about my family (I know you dig me, but you really *love* my family), we're cool. We live in the center of a large basin of human development. This means that the closest serious wild vegetation is pretty far from us. PCH is closed up in Malibu, which is adding to the traffic congestion, but other than that, we're fine. Just sad for all the life-forms effected by the fire.

I lived in Central Jersey and Washington DC for 30 some-odd years, so I'm used to school closings, but this was the first morning that I woke up to schools being closed due to fire. Life brings us everything, whether we want it or not.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

so scary!! life is so fragile. it is a shame that humanity does not seem to realize that and instead opts to be cruel. thank you for your perspecitive and reasurance of your safety. xxoo

Anonymous said...

Stu,

A deadly combination of fire and winds for Southern Califoria with so MANY evacuees. This fire is terrible. I started to cry and Dad wanted to know what happened. I said "I'm a Mother". My children and grandchildren are out there. Wow! We are sooooo glad that you are all safe. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Stu,

A deadly combination of fire and winds for Southern Califoria with so MANY evacuees. This fire is terrible. I started to cry and Dad wanted to know what happened. I said "I'm a Mother". My children and grandchildren are out there. Wow! We are sooooo glad that you are all safe. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Mom

Subscribe