Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

11:04 AM

Quote Of The Day

|

From Maya Deren, film-maker, 19-17 to 1961 -

    "What I do in my films is very... oh, I think very distinctively... I think they are the films of a woman, and I think that their characteristic time quality, is the time quality of a woman. I think that the strength of men is their great sense of immediacy. they are a "now" creature. And a woman has strength to wait. 'Cause she's had to wait. She has to wait 9 months of the concept of a child. Time is built into her body in the sense of becomingness. And she sees everything in terms of it being in the stage of becoming. She raises a child knowing not what it is at any moment but seeing always the person that it will become. Her whole life from her very beginning, it's built into her a sense of becoming. Now in any time form, this is a very important sense."

0 Comments:

Subscribe