Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

12:42 PM

My Previous Jobs

|

Sully ran a question by his readers, about previous employment. I responded in his comments, but as I did, i realized it also belonged here. As you read through them, feel free to ask about specific work and I'll post about it.

And now, here comes the list:


I was, among other paid occupations (and these are in no particular order) -

Burger King closer (put away the salad bar, hot-hose the garbage pails, carry frozen beef around, etc.)

Typographer's Assistant

Journalist

Cashier

Marketing rep for the first Mac-based all-in-one web/mail/usenet/ftp/etc client.

Web-site designer

Computer technician

Shirt sleeve presser

Truck unloader for a place that sold store fixtures (like metal clothing racks)

Copywriter for Mattel

Tech support for Phillip Morris

Network engineer/designer for The Office Of The President Of The United States (no kidding)

Tech support engineer for Linotype Hell

Owner of a guitar shop

Personal assistant to a director of operations at Nasa's Code R (which was the technology center)

Tech Support/Network Engineer for Nasa's Code Z (at the time, it was the Office of Exploration)

Toy store sales clerk

Tour guide

Short-order cook

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

My oh my - that is quite the variety. Do you have a favorite? Which, if any, common interests tie these vocations together???

Unknown said...

You must have many tales to tell. Was the President demanding? Which president?

Anonymous said...

You forgot:
office assistant (sorting invoices)
fence demolition
care giver

Anonymous said...

also Radio DJ

Suldog said...

Well, as I said in my response to your response over at my place...

Linotype Hell? A comment on the company or the actual company name?

And I really want to know about shirt-sleeve pressing. I'm not kidding.

Subscribe