Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

8:28 AM

Mike And Me

|




Way back when, a long time ago, who knows, maybe it was 1973 or 1974, I met a kid named Michael. He was shy, carried a big (ginormous) black briefcase to school, and owned a Stretch Armstrong. I immediately took a shine to him.

We were in the same 2nd grade class, led by Mrs. Weiss. He lived around the corner from me, and as I got older, I started to take a path to school that would lead me past Michael's house, where he consented to walk with me, despite my being a dork. Strike that, a chatty dork.

Mike and I remained best friends since then. We weren't tied to the hip, and sometimes our tastes and social circles diverged, but we never, for even a day, stopped being friends.

He's now living in New Jersey, and is a head audio tech for a little show called "The View." Pretty cool.

I spent a good chunk of yesterday with him, and it was as though our bodies knew we had gotten older, but our spirits hadn't gotten that memo. Lots of laughter, lots of verbal jabs, lots of philosophical discussion. Good times, good times.

Got a best friend? Give them a call.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic!!! you both look fantastic!!!! so fun!! so glad you had the time together!!!! YEA!!!!! xxoo

Suldog said...

It's such a wonderful thing to get together with someone you've known for many years, and to find out you still get along so well. You're blessed, Stu - no doubt about it.

Anonymous said...

What a great shot of Mike and you. It is wonderful that you had this time together.
dad

Unknown said...

Lifelong friends are a treasure.

Anonymous said...

Stu, Who wouldn't stay friends with you for a lifetime? You're such a positive vibe to have in ones life. Mike's luck to have had you. Seems it's mutual.

Glad you had such a wonderful visit. But, did that last line about your bodies now knowing you'd aged mean you both ran into a house this time?

hardy har har. :)

Stu said...

Thanks to everyone who said (and continue to say) such nice things! You folks really are excellent, sincerely.

Subscribe