Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

9:43 AM

Busy, Busy, Busy

|

Things are crazy busy, but that's good. It keeps me young. And as my 40th birthday is just around the corner, I'm trying to keep my youth for as long as I can.

Speaking of which, as an early birthday present to myself, I scored a copy of each individual comic book from the Daredevil series "Born Again," which was done by Frank Miller, a fave of mine. He stands alongside Will Eisner as one of the giants of the craft.

My son wants tickets to an FCBarcelona game, but they're not coming to the US this year, so I'm hoping he'll settle for a Galaxy game, maybe against DC United.

My daughter wanted her hair straightened, but that was a piece of cake for me, 'cause all I had to do was pay for it. She had to sit in the chair for about 7 hours, which amazes me, but she came out lookin' like a million bucks.

My wife wants me to find out if the hematite we found is really hematite, so I'm taking it to Avanti Jewelers in Hermosa Beach (awesome, awesome, awesome). While I'm there, she also wants me to find out if they can lay their hands on some benitoite. Yeah, I hadn't heard of it either.

Have fun with your day, and try to get in a little laughter if you've got time in your schedule. If not, dour is always an option, I don't judge.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope y'all find time this weekend to just enjoy time together as a family; busy can be good, but a lazy weekend afternoon just relaxing with your beloveds is even better! :)

T.

Stu_A said...

Stu,
Take your son to a DC United game. That's as close as MLS comes to Barca's style of play...

Stu

Anonymous said...

My boss had a box over at the Home Depot Center where he would take his son to watch all the soccer games there. The box held around twenty people so he'd give out passes to the various events, including sports games and music concerts. I don't know if he still has that box or not, I guess it was really rather expensive and he was debating whether or not he really needed to hang onto it, but I suppose I ought to find out.

Subscribe