Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

Dariush Shafa is a writer out of Kentucky, a writer of inimitable style. I've been reading his pith-filled, I mean pithy comments on MagMan's blog since I was 38. Eventually I was lead by my nose to his original blog, and then to his latest, American Twenty-Something.

Last night, I had the pleasure of his company for dinner. No, gentle reader, I did not fly back east for a moment, Dariush was out by me.

We ate at La Cocina (at the corner of 182nd and Hawthorne Blvd.) The conversation was lively and we closed the place down. Dariush is a great spirit, a great teller of tales, and a great listener. He's exactly what you'd expect if you've been a steady reader of his blog for any real length of time. He's sweet, but candid (my favorite kind). He also has a big lens, er, camera.

After dinner, we went back to the house for more talk, music (Dariush plays drums, so we jammed for a bit, which was awesome), and a few video games. He beat me soundly in almost every game, with the exception of Robotron, which I will hold over his head for at least twenty more minutes.

Folks, there's only so much Dariush Shafa to go around, so I recommend you get some as early as possible, before he breaks world-wide and ticket prices become prohibitive.

3 Comments:

Shafa said...

My ego has never been larger.

Thanks for a terrific evening, as well, Stu.

Magazine Man said...

How cool are you guys? Wish I coulda been there.

Stu said...

Maggie, we would have been an even brighter spot on the map with your presence.

Subscribe