Stu News and Photos

My name is Stu and I am here to share what I can.

|

The Pope, in a homily he gave on May 22nd, said the following: 


“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! ‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class! We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all! And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: we need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. ‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”

The next day, in an attempt to backpedal, a papal spokesman, Rev. Thomas Rosica, said, "...people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

Allow me to point out that Catholic dogma clearly dictates the existence of papal infallibility, of petrine supremacy, of the Holy Father's universal power over the Roman Catholic Church. People may argue about what the Pope said, but no Catholic can challenge it. Remember: 

Matthew 16:19 "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

1 Comments:

Rocket Science Mom said...

I loved this piece of the Pope's homily. For the first time in a very long time, the Pope of the church I of which currently consider myself a member spoke for me. Usually, I listen but I often disagree. This time, the words expressed that we will all meet in the end and we all need to just do good things, be good and then we are good really resonated with me. Athiests, Catholics, Jews, Hindus, etc. That's what I heard and that's what I believe. I believe that we choose the method to reach a divine that we are most comfortable with but if we choose to do good, then we are good. I am waiting for Pope Francis to stand up and say "no, you heard me right the first time."

Subscribe